Working Foreman/Woman NSA – Stenalees
Glanville Environmental is a reputable and thriving drainage and civil engineering company that has been a driving force in the South West region for over three decades. As we continue to expand our impressive portfolio of clients and secure long-term contracts, we are seeking talented individuals to join our passionate team. If you are ready to make your mark in the industry and be part of a family-owned business, this is your opportunity to thrive.
Join our well-established repair and maintenance contract for key clients as a Working Foreman/Woman at our Stenalees depot. You will work alongside the reactive team and take charge, leading sewer repair and maintenance projects. Embrace the opportunity to work on reactive projects across Cornwall and showcase your experience in civil engineering and leadership skills.
As a Working Foreman/Woman, you will be at the forefront, ensuring projects are completed within designated timeframes. Your confidence in handling daily safety documents, inspections, and records will be crucial to our success.
In this role, you will be entrusted with several key activities that will showcase your expertise and abilities in the field. We’re particularly interested in candidates with experience and qualifications in the following areas:
- Utility work: specifically sewer repairs and maintenance, along with experience in manhole and chamber construction, benching, butt fusion welding, and pipe laying.
- Manual and machine-based excavations, including deep excavations, with qualifications in under 10T and over 10T excavator
- Familiarity with street works and excavating the highway, backed by relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrate your knowledge and qualifications in manual handling, abrasive wheels, and the use of Cat & Genny equipment.
- Hold at least a CSCS operatives’ card, and ideally SSSTS certification
- Confined space entry experience and qualifications, as well as wheeled dumper expertise, will be highly regarded.
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a guide to the qualities required of a successful candidate.
At Glanville Environmental, we offer a competitive package designed to attract and retain top talent. This includes:
- A competitive hourly rate up to £19 depending on experience
- Standby payments
- Opportunities for regular overtime paid at enhanced rates of time and a half after 5pm and double time after 11pm up until 7am during the week and time and a half on Saturdays and double time on Sundays
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- 28 days of annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days
- Health Cash Plan to support your well-being
- A wellness program to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Access to our accredited training academy, providing industry-led courses for your ongoing professional development
- A Cycle to Work scheme that encourages sustainable transportation
- Discount voucher scheme for various retailers, products, and services
At Glanville Environmental, we take pride in acknowledging that our exceptional accomplishments are a direct result of the unwavering dedication and skill of our workforce. We are fully committed to fostering an environment that nurtures and develops our staff, ensuring plentiful avenues for continuous training and personal growth. By joining our team, you become part of a collective that is spearheading sustainable infrastructure in the civil engineering and drainage sector by revolutionising the industry, embracing innovation, and challenging conventional boundaries.
If you are looking for a secure and permanent position with a family-owned business and have the attributes that we are looking for, please apply today by filling out the form below or email your CV to email@example.com.