Programme Manager – Exeter
Glanville Environmental is a reputable and thriving drainage and civil engineering company that has been a driving force in the South West region for over three decades. With our recent contract wins, continuous expansion, and an impressive portfolio of clients secured through long-term contracts, we are seeking talented individuals to join our passionate team. If you are ready to make your mark in the industry and be part of a family-owned business, this is your opportunity to thrive.
Take your career to new heights as a Programme Manager/Planner at Glanville Environmental. As a Programme Manager/Planner, you will have the opportunity to work from our multiple depots and offices across the picturesque regions of Cornwall & Devon. You will play a pivotal role in delivering a wide range of construction projects, from sewer rehabilitation to major civil engineering projects.
Collaborating with an experienced team, you will have the chance to work closely with both longstanding and new clients, ensuring their needs are met while contributing to the company’s ongoing success and growth. You will join our Infrastructure team and own the central programme and work forecast for all major projects. We value a can-do attitude, self-management skills, and a self-driven approach, while also fostering a collaborative environment where teamwork is paramount in achieving outstanding results.
In this role, you will be entrusted with several key activities that will showcase your expertise and abilities:
- Oversee and have overall control of the planned works programme, ensuring smooth management and effective execution.
- Utilise advanced programming and reporting software, such as Microsoft Project or Oracle Primavera P6, to enhance project planning and monitoring.
- Collaborate closely with key departments throughout the entire project lifecycle, from pre-construction to post-construction, to track progress and maintain adherence to the schedule.
- Identify and closely monitor milestones within individual projects and the annual programme, ensuring timely achievement.
- Maintain regular communication with the Framework Manager, keeping them updated on programme status and workload while also coordinating client interactions.
- Foster a strong partnership with the Commercial team to forecast expenditure, value, and cash flow based on the works programme.
- Collaborate with the Commercial team to assess and ensure that VOWD (Value of Work Done) aligns with operational delivery requirements.
- Compile and analyse programme data against key dates for monthly client reporting, ensuring transparency and accountability.
- Provide comprehensive reports to managers and directors, highlighting any deviations or trends in the programme and offering well-informed forecasts.
- Utilise the delivery programme as a proactive tool to flag milestones and constraints, ensuring timely collaboration with all stakeholders to meet project deadlines.
- Support operational management in efficiently managing internal resources and supply chain to meet programme demands effectively.
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a guide to the work we undertake and the qualities required of a successful candidate.
To thrive in this role, you should possess experience in construction or utilities, preferably in water and wastewater, and be familiar with the management style of the industry. Ideally, you will have specific experience in a similar role within the Water Utility Industry, particularly in the public and private sewer networks. Planning or programme experience is required to a sufficient level including the use of the aforementioned software.
At Glanville Environmental, we offer a competitive package designed to attract and retain top talent. This includes:
- A competitive salary commensurate with your skills and experience
- A pension scheme
- 28 days of annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days and up to 5 additional days awarded incrementally for long service
- Health Cash Plan to support your well-being
- A wellness program to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Access to our accredited training academy, providing industry-led courses for your ongoing professional development
- A Cycle to Work scheme that encourages sustainable transportation
- Discount voucher scheme for various retailers, products, and services
At Glanville Environmental, we take pride in acknowledging that our exceptional accomplishments are a direct result of the dedication and skill of our workforce. We are fully committed to fostering an environment that nurtures and develops our staff, ensuring plentiful avenues for continuous training and personal growth. By joining our team, you become part of a collective that is spearheading sustainable infrastructure in the civil engineering and drainage sector by revolutionising the industry, embracing innovation, and challenging conventional boundaries.
If you are looking for a secure and permanent position with a family-owned business and have the attributes that we are looking for, please apply today by filling out the form below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.