Civils Operative – Plympton, Exeter, St Austell & Yelland
Glanville Environmental is a reputable and thriving drainage and civil engineering company that has been a driving force in the South West region for over three decades. As we continue to expand our impressive portfolio of clients and secure long-term contracts, we are seeking talented individuals to join our passionate team. If you are ready to make your mark in the industry and be part of a family-owned business, this is your opportunity to thrive.
We are currently seeking Operatives to join our dynamic civils teams based in Devon and Cornwall. With depots located in Plympton, Exeter, St Austell, and Yelland, you’ll have the chance to work as part of our civils reactive teams, making a real impact in the field.
As an integral part of our civils team, you’ll be involved in carrying out vital drainage repairs and installations under the guidance of an experienced Ganger. Your work hours will be from 0700 to 1700, and you may be required to participate in an on-call rota to provide essential support when needed.
While experience in utility work, particularly in sewer repairs and maintenance, is highly desirable, we also welcome applications from individuals interested in manual labor and outdoor work. If you have a valid driving license and hold a CSCS card, that’s a definite plus.
At Glanville Environmental, we value a diverse range of skills and experiences. As an Operative, ideally, you would have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Excavations, both manual and machine-assisted, including deep excavations.
- Street works and highway excavation.
- Manual handling, Abrasive wheels, and the use of Cat & Genny equipment.
At Glanville Environmental, we offer a competitive package designed to attract and retain top talent. This includes:
- Highly competitive hourly rates of up to £14 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Regular overtime opportunities, paid at enhanced rates of time and a half after 5pm, double time after 11pm (until 7am on weekdays), time and a half on Saturdays, and double time on Sundays.
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- 28 days of annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days
- Health Cash Plan to support your well-being
- A wellness program to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Access to our accredited training academy, providing industry-led courses for your ongoing professional development
- A Cycle to Work scheme that encourages sustainable transportation
- Discount voucher scheme for various retailers, products, and services
At Glanville Environmental, we take pride in acknowledging that our exceptional accomplishments are a direct result of the unwavering dedication and skill of our workforce. We are fully committed to fostering an environment that nurtures and develops our staff, ensuring plentiful avenues for continuous training and personal growth. By joining our team, you become part of a collective that is spearheading sustainable infrastructure in the civil engineering and drainage sector by revolutionising the industry, embracing innovation, and challenging conventional boundaries.
If you are looking for a secure and permanent position with a family-owned business and have the attributes that we are looking for, please apply today by filling out the form below or email your CV to email@example.com.