Pipe Lining Operative – Plympton
Glanville Environmental is a reputable and thriving drainage and civil engineering company that has been a driving force in the South West region for over three decades. As we continue to expand our impressive portfolio of clients and secure long-term contracts, we are seeking talented individuals to join our passionate team. If you are ready to make your mark in the industry and be part of a family-owned business, this is your opportunity to thrive.
We are seeking experienced Pipe Lining Operatives to join our Civils team at our Plympton depot. As a valued member of the team, you will play a crucial role in the repair and maintenance of the sewer network for our key clients using trenchless technology. By joining our team as a Pipe Lining Operative, you’ll contribute to the adoption of sustainable and innovative practices that benefit our key clients and the environment.
In this role as a Pipe Lining Operative, you will be entrusted with several key activities that will showcase your expertise and abilities in the field, including but not limited to:
- Perform sewer pipe lining using trenchless technology methods, specifically Cured-In-Place Pipe (CIPP) lining, to rehabilitate damaged or deteriorating sewer lines.
- Conduct thorough inspections of sewer pipes to identify areas requiring repair or lining.
- Prepare the work site, ensuring safety measures are in place and traffic management is implemented as necessary.
- Set up and operate the necessary equipment and machinery for sewer pipe lining, including winches, air compressors, resin impregnation systems, and CCTV cameras.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and company policies at all times to ensure a safe working environment.
We’re particularly interested in candidates with experience and qualifications in the following areas:
- Proven experience in utility work, with a focus on sewer repair and maintenance using trenchless technology methods.
- Training and hands-on experience in installing CIPP liners and patches using various methods.
- Knowledge of trenchless technology principles, equipment, and materials.
- Strong understanding of street works and excavating within the highway, including compliance with safety protocols and traffic management requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to address unforeseen challenges during the lining process.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with clients, customers, and stakeholders.
- Hold a minimum CSCS operatives’ card, and ideally possess SSSTS certification.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team effectively.
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a guide to the work we undertake, and the qualities required of a successful candidate.
We offer a competitive package designed to attract and retain top talent. This includes:
- A competitive hourly rate of up to £15 per hour depending on experience.
- Opportunities for regular overtime paid at enhanced rates of time and a half after 5pm and double time after 11pm up until 7am during the week and time and a half on Saturdays and double time on Sundays
- A pension scheme
- 28 days of annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days
- Health Cash Plan to support your well-being
- A wellness program to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Access to our accredited training academy, providing industry-led courses for your ongoing professional development
- A Cycle to Work scheme that encourages sustainable transportation
- Discount voucher scheme for various retailers, products, and services
At Glanville Environmental, we take pride in acknowledging that our exceptional accomplishments are a direct result of the dedication and skill of our workforce. We are fully committed to fostering an environment that nurtures and develops our staff, ensuring plentiful avenues for continuous training and personal growth. By joining our team, you become part of a collective that is spearheading sustainable infrastructure in the civil engineering and drainage sector by revolutionising the industry, embracing innovation, and challenging conventional boundaries.
If you are looking for a secure and permanent position with a family-owned business and have the attributes that we are looking for, please apply today by filling out the form below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.