Gangers – Plympton, Exeter and Bodmin
We currently have opportunities for Gangers/ Working Foreman based out of our Plympton depot, Greendale (Exeter) depot and Bodmin depot to work as part of our reactive team on our well-established repair and maintenance contract for our key clients.
We are looking for hardworking and committed individuals to work as part of a civils team to carry out drainage repairs and installations. You will be working a 45-hour week with lots of overtime opportunities, and you would also be part of the on-call Rota.
As a ganger it is important that you can take the lead ensuring that projects are delivered within the required timeframe and be confident in completing daily safety documents, inspections, and records.
As well as a full valid driving license, we are looking for those with experience in the following:
- Utility work specifically sewer repairs and maintenance with experience in manhole and chamber construction, benching, butt fusion welding, and pipe laying.
- Experience in excavations by hand and with machines including deep excavations with qualifications in under 10T excavator.
- Have experience in street works and excavating the highway with the relevant qualification.
- Experience in Manual handling, Abrasive wheels, use of Cat & Genny with the relevant qualification.
- To have a minimum of a CSCS operatives’ card and ideally SSSTS
Whilst the following are not essential it would be desirable if you have any of the following:
- Experience and qualifications in confined space entry.
- Experience of controlling works and dealing with interested parties (customers, client, or other organisations)
- Experience and qualification in over 10T excavator.
- Experience and qualification with a wheeled dumper.
Glanville Environmental look to offer a competitive package for this role to include:
- A competitive hourly rate of up to £15.50 depending on experience
- Standby payments
- Opportunities for regular overtime paid at enhanced rates
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- 29* days’ annual leave including bank holidays (includes the Queens Jubilee for 2022)
- Comprehensive training
If you have the attributes that we are looking for and would like to join our family owned business please apply with your CV and contact details to HR@glanvilleltd.co.uk