Civils Project Agent – Exeter
Glanville Environmental are a well-established drainage and civil engineering company that have been successfully operating for over 30 years in the South-West region. With a growing portfolio of clients and multiple long-term contracts, we are experiencing exponential growth and are looking for a range of personnel to join our family-owned business.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Agent/Civils Site Manager based from our Exeter depot, to work as part of the Major Projects Delivery Team.
The successful candidate would be responsible for the overall Site Management of a given project and report to the Major Civils Manager. Projects within this remit are predominantly based on Capital Infrastructure works for our main client including large pipe laying schemes and associated chambers etc. Interaction with the Client, Designers, Commercial, Engineers and Key Stakeholders are core functions within this role.
The Civils Site Manager must have the ability to undertake the following key activities and responsibilities:
- Visit site and collect information for designing and planning
- Give advice on scope/design requirements to achieve a solution
- Assist in planning projects for delivery including highways liaisons, public liaisons, labour, plant and materials requirements
- Manage the project programme and measure against milestones whilst reporting back to the Commercial department
- Use of computer software (predominantly Microsoft Office) to produce site documentation and Close Down documents
- Suitable time management skills to see projects through to completion and hit deadlines
- Oversee works on site from an engineering, supervisory, and safety viewpoint
- Relevant qualifications and experience in delivering engineering projects within the utilities sector, ideally within water and wastewater sectors including SMSTS, Streetworks and CSCS
- Have knowledge and experience in Streetworks, especially around Streetworks requirements in line with traffic control and excavating within the highway
- Have knowledge, experience and relevant qualifications in civil engineering
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team Management skills
- Full UK Driving licence
- Understanding of and qualifications in Temporary Works
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a guide to the work we undertake and the qualities required of a successful candidate.
We understand that people make a business and we know that support and continued development of our staff is key. At Glanville Environmental we have our own accredited training academy that offers industry-led courses to all our employees, meaning that all staff will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us.
Glanville Environmental look to offer a competitive package for this role to include:
- A competitive salary
- A company vehicle with fuel card
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- 28 days’ annual leave including bank holidays
- Option to buy extra days holiday
- Retail and Gym discount scheme
- Referral scheme
- Company social functions
- Comprehensive training
So if you are looking for a secure and permanent position and have the attributes that we are looking for, please apply with your CV today. We will endeavour to respond within 14-working days.