Civils Operative – Plympton, Exeter, St Austell & Yelland
We currently have opportunities for Civils Operatives in Devon based from our Plympton depot, Greendale (Exeter) depot, St Austell depot and Yelland depot to work as part of the civils reactive teams.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, and committed individuals to work as part of a civils team to carry out drainage repairs and installations. As an operative, you will be led by a ganger and will be working from 0700 – 1700 and would be expected to be part of the on-call rota.
Ideally, we are looking for those with experience in utility work, preferably in sewer repairs and maintenance, however we are open to applications from those that are interested in working in manual labour, in an outdoor environment.
As well as a full valid driving license, we are looking for those with a CSCS card.
It would be desirable if you had experience in any of the following:
- Experience in excavations by hand and with machines including deep excavations.
- Have experience in street works and excavating the highway.
- Experience in Manual handling, Abrasive wheels, use of Cat & Genny
Glanville Environmental look to offer a competitive package for this role to include:
- A competitive hourly rate of up to £13 per hour depending on experience.
- Opportunities for regular overtime paid at enhanced rates of time and a half after 5pm and double time after 11pm up until 7am during the week and time and a half on Saturdays and double time on Sundays
- Standby payments
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- 29* days’ annual leave including bank holidays (includes the Queens Jubilee for 2022)
- Comprehensive training
If you have the attributes that we are looking for and would like to join our family owned business please apply with your CV and contact details to HR@glanvilleltd.co.uk