Civil Site Supervisor – Exeter
Glanville Environmental are a well-established drainage and civil engineering company that have been successfully operating for over 30-years in the South-West region. With a growing portfolio of clients and multiple long-term contracts, we are experiencing exponential growth and are looking for a range of personnel to join our family-owned business.
We currently have opportunities for a Civils Site Supervisor, based out of our Exeter depot.
The successful candidate would undertake this role in delivering Civils Drainage repairs for our key client. They will be responsible for many aspects of job supervision predominantly within a reactive contract and environment, and must have the ability to undertake the following key activities and responsibilities:
- Visit site and collect information for scoping and planning
- Give advice on scope/design requirements to achieve a solution
- Assist in planning projects for delivery including highways liaisons, public liaisons, labour, plant and materials requirements
- Use of computer software (predominantly Microsoft Office) to produce site documentation and Close Down documents
- Suitable time management skills to see projects through to completion and hit deadlines
- Oversee works on site from an engineering, supervisory and safety view point
- Be available to join on the Emergency Out of Hours rota
- Have flexibility to work evenings and weekends in line with reactive works
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in delivering engineering projects within the utilities sector, ideally within water and waste water sectors including SMSTS
- Have knowledge and experience in Street works especially around requirements in line with traffic control and excavating within the highway
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Team Management skills
- Full UK Driving licence + towing and LGV
- Understanding of and qualifications in Temporary Works
- Have a good knowledge of deep excavation works within the Utilities and ideally the drainage sector
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a guide to the work we undertake, and the qualities required of a successful candidate.
Glanville Environmental look to offer a competitive package for this role to include:
- A competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Option to buy a further 5 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at high street retailers and gyms
- Comprehensive training
We understand that people make a business and we know that support and continued development of our staff is key. At Glanville Environmental we have our own accredited training academy that offers industry led courses to all our employees, meaning that all staff will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us.
If you have the attributes that we are looking for and would like to join our family owned business please apply with your CV and contact details to HR@glanvilleltd.co.uk.