Assistant Estimator – Plympton & Exeter
Glanville Environmental is a reputable and thriving drainage and civil engineering company that has been a driving force in the South West region for over three decades. With our recent contract wins, continuous expansion, and an impressive portfolio of clients secured through long-term contracts, we are seeking talented individuals to join our passionate team. If you are ready to make your mark in the industry and be part of a family-owned business, this is your opportunity to thrive.
We are seeking an Assistant Estimator to contribute to our continued success. Based primarily between our Plympton and Exeter offices, this role involves occasional site visits and focuses on delivering comprehensive scoping, cost calculation, and estimating services for a diverse range of repair projects, ranging from smaller-scale tasks to substantial endeavours.
This position presents an exceptional opportunity for individuals with experience in the drainage or utilities industry who are eager to broaden their horizons into the financial side of this sector. If you’ve honed your expertise in the operational or technical realms and now seek a pathway to delve into the financial intricacies, this role offers a seamless transition.
Equally, if you’re someone looking to advance your career into an estimating role within the drainage or utilities industry, this opportunity offers an ideal stepping stone. You’ll work alongside experienced professionals, absorbing insights and practical knowledge crucial for stepping into more senior estimating positions.
As an Assistant Estimator, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with our experienced team, you’ll play a vital role in scoping and estimating projects, ensuring competitive and meticulously calculated quotations for repairs, and leveraging both established contract rates and fundamental principles.
- Engaging with established and prospective clients, you’ll adeptly handle their needs, ensuring satisfaction while contributing to the company’s growth trajectory.
- Assist in the intake of job/pricing requests, gathering necessary details, and inputting them into our management systems to streamline operations.
- Contribute to maintaining and updating our systems to facilitate the seamless execution of day-to-day tasks for the entire team.
- Proficiency in using various computer systems and software, particularly Microsoft Office, is crucial. Experience with NEC contracts would be advantageous.
- Engage with client systems for data entry and analysis, facilitating ongoing work audits and future project pricing.
- Interact professionally and courteously with various stakeholders, including clients and suppliers, representing Glanville Environmental positively.
- Prior experience in utilities, specifically water or sewage, is a must. Previous work within the Water Utility Industry, particularly in the public and private sewer network, is highly desirable.
This comprehensive list provides a glimpse into the multifaceted nature of our work and the qualities we seek in the ideal candidate.
Qualifications, Attributes & Skills:
- Demonstrate a proactive and self-motivated approach to work, capable of both independent tasks and effective teamwork
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, contributing to achieving key contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Previous experience or familiarity with utilities, especially water or sewage is desirable
- Familiarity with NEC contracts or similar
- A proactive and dynamic work ethic
- Effective teamwork skills, supporting team productivity
At Glanville Environmental, we offer a competitive package designed to attract and retain top talent. This includes:
- A competitive salary between £32,000 and £37,000 depending on your skills and experience.
- Pension Scheme
- 28 days of annual leave, including bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days and up to 5 additional days awarded incrementally for long service.
- Health Cash Plan to support your well-being.
- A wellness program to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Access to our accredited training academy, providing industry-led courses for your ongoing professional development.
- A Cycle to Work scheme that encourages sustainable transportation.
- Discount voucher scheme for various retailers, products, and services
This role is available for immediate consideration, and we are actively seeking a qualified candidate to join our team.
At Glanville Environmental, we take pride in acknowledging that our exceptional accomplishments are a direct result of the dedication and skill of our workforce. We are fully committed to fostering an environment that nurtures and develops our staff, ensuring plentiful avenues for continuous training and personal growth. By joining our team, you become part of a collective that is spearheading sustainable infrastructure in the civil engineering and drainage sector by revolutionising the industry, embracing innovation, and challenging conventional boundaries.
If you are looking for a secure and permanent position with a family-owned business and have the attributes that we are looking for, please apply today by filling out the form below or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.